Wintermute here and its back to school season here on Dumbr. We are going to start a new segment on special events you can host at your school. Personally I believe interclass relations to be a good thing that should be constantly encouraged. My recommendation would be one event a month, along with other things here and there to promote proper and healthy conversation skills.
It helps show your students that they are no different than the other classes and maybe even better in some aspects, or they may see something the other kids know and now want to learn from you. Events promote the usage of English outside of class and with fellow students, and will help them break their second language shyness. Also competition always brings out the best in people and students, and so your kids will try extra hard to beat out other classes and to make you proud. If however they fail and bring shame to the class, there is always seppuku (google it).
Events that we will discuss during this Dumbr segment are:
1. Speech Contest – Quick introductory speeches in front of the school.
2. Quiz Bowl – A battle of wits against some of the smartest and brightest.
3. Fair – Each class responsible for a smaller event.
4. Pajama Party – because what’s better than spending all day at school? Spending the night at school!
5. Story Book – Final Fantasy Fans will love this.
So be sure to come back every day and be prepared to learn how to contribute to your students’ education by forcing them to compete in high pressure situations where failure means ridicule in front of their student body! See you tomorrow!